This cheesecake is easy to make, requires no baking and can be made up to 3 days ahead. I don't know about you all but I definitely try to make sure I have mostly make-ahead (or at least partially make-ahead) recipes on the holiday menu, especially when I'm hosting. This helps lower stress levels on the day of the holiday, so this dessert is right up my alley. The spices are not overpowering like they can be in some recipes, and pumpkin comes through beautifully. I hope you give this one a try. Enjoy!
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Ingredients for Crust:
1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Ingredients for Cheesecake Filling:
1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin pure (or a 15 oz can; not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 cup cold heavy whipping cream
16 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature (full-fat)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Whipped Cream Topping:
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom round of an 8-inch springform pan so the parchment paper hangs over all sides. Clamp shut with the round edge piece of the springform pan around the bottom round with the parchment.
2. Prepare the crust. In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and cinnamon until well mixed. Add in the melted butter and mix well, until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into the bottom of prepared springform pan. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
3. Prepare filling. Place the pumpkin pie puree onto a few sheets of paper towel and blot dry. Do this a few times to remove as much moisture as possible.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk the softened cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add in the pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon and whisk until well combined. Gently fold in the whipped heavy cream using a rubber spatula.
5. Take the crust out of the freezer. Gently spread the pumpkin filling on top of the crust and even out. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
6. Once the cheesecake is set, run a sharp bendable knife along the edge of the springform pan. Unclamp and gently remove the round edge of the springform pan. Gently lift the parchment paper with the cheesecake and place onto serving plate, then gently pull out the parchment from underneath.
7. To make the whipped cream topping, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Pipe rosettes around the edge of the cheesecake. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Just So Tasty