Key Lime Cheesecake
I made this cheesecake for Easter Sunday and am finally able to share it! How silly of me to have kept it filed away for so long, for this delicate, tangy cheesecake would be the perfect addition to any summer gathering. This is my slightly altered version of Entertaining with Beth's Easy Key Lime Cheesecake, and her recipes never disappoint! I hope you give this one a shot, as it is sure to wow you and your guests. Enjoy!
Key Lime Cheesecake
124 grams graham crackers
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 bricks (16 oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons flour
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
2 teaspoons lime zest
1/2 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (lime juice also works)
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a springform pan with baking spray on the bottom all around the side. Set aside.
2. Place the graham crackers, sugar, salt and melted butter into a food processor and pulse until smooth and resembles wet sand. Dump into the springform pan and firmly press down into the pan with the bottom of a measuring cup or glass. Bake crust for 5-6 minutes, allow to cool completely.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer (can also be down in a large bowl with electric mixer), whisk together the cream cheese and the 1/3 cup sugar until smooth. Add in the 2 eggs (one at a time) until well incorporated. Add in the 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and the flour and mix again until well combined. Pour this mixture into the cooled cookie crust and smooth out with a spatula. Set aside.
4. In a large clean bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, 4 egg yolks and freshly squeezed lime juice until well mixed. Pour all over the cream cheese mixture very gently and spread carefully with a spatula. Make sure all the cream cheese is covered by the lime mixture.
5. Bake for 30-45 minutes until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly. Allow to cool completely.
6. In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Dollop or pipe over the cooled cheesecake. Dust with lime zest over the whipped cream. Chill cheesecake in refrigerator for 4-6 hours before serving. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Entertaining with Beth