These mini muffins are such a joy to make and such a joy to eat! They are the perfect teatime sweet. The lemon and ginger pairs so well together, without being too bitter or sharp. It feels like a mouthful of springtime flavors, and I can't wait for you to try these. Give these a try and have yourself a wonderful weekend!
Glazed Lemon Mini Muffins
Makes 24 mini (or 12 regular) muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flavorless oil, such as grapeseed
1/2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
1 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Evenly coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix well. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sour cream, vanilla extract, zest and juice of a lemon and the grated fresh ginger.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 parts, mixing gently with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix, or you may have a tough muffin. Bake for 12-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine the confectioners sugar with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a small bowl; mix until smooth. Add a little more lemon juice as needed (consistency should be pourable but not too runny).
5. Dunk each muffin upside down into the bowl of glaze, let the excess drip off, and replace onto the cooling rack until the glaze sets, about 5-10 minutes. Enjoy.
All content is my own unless otherwise stated.