This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is one that's been on repeat with both my sister and I, it's so delicious! I'm not a picky eater and never have been but one thing that I to this day cannot force myself to love are raisins.. so it's chocolate chips for us! And although oatmeal cookies are typically made with raisins, no one is complaining. I mean, chocolate. Enough said.
Anyway folks, I hope you give this one a try. Easy to make, no need to chill before baking, and best of all- you can make the dough balls ahead of time and freeze them for a quick treat the next time your sweet tooth comes calling. Perfect! Enjoy, friends.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In the stand of your mixer (you may also mix by hand), combine melted butter, granulated sugar and packed brown sugar until well blended. Add in the whole egg and egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Add in the flour mixture in two parts until just combined. Add in the old fashioned oatmeal and the chocolate chips and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Make about 1-2 tablespoon balls of dough (as long as they are relatively similar in size, the exact size won't matter), and place them about 3 inches apart from each other. Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes. Cookies should still be a little soft in the middle when removed from oven. Cool completely on a cooling rack. Keep stored in air-tight container to maintain ultimate cookie softness. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything